Method 1: After brushing, squirt a small amount of foam into each of your aligners. Pop them in. Done.
Method 2: After brushing, squirt a small amount of foam into the mouth. Spread evenly over your teeth with your tongue. Spit it out.
The benefits of aligner foam:
- Naturally reminaralises and protects teeth
Aligner foam – formulated to remineralise and protect teeth – is made of ingredients including the following:
- Hydroxyapatite smoothes the teeth, closing openings that expose dentine – and relieves the pain of sensitive teeth. It also supports and promotes saliva’s natural ability to remineralise tooth enamel.
- Hyaluronic acid is an incredible moisture-binding substance that’s produced naturally by the human body. It moisturises and forms a hydrating film on the teeth. And it creates a protective barrier to prevent the loss of moisture.
- Levulinic acid, with its caramel-like fragrance, helps to give Aligner foam its zesty flavour. With its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it’s gentle on the tissue that lines the mouth – and fights against plaque.
- Magnolol is a bioactive compound found in the bark and leaves of the magnolia officinalis tree. It has a strong antibacterial effect against streptococcus mutans – a bacteria that causes dental plaque and tooth decay.
- The CCP active combination of Citrox®, cyclodextrin and polylysine helps to protect your teeth. Citrox® natural bioflavonoids – extracted from bitter oranges – bring antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Polylysine combats oral bacteria and reduces the risk of dental plaque. The virus-fighting properties of cyclodextrin provide further protection.
- Our enzymatic system – with amyloglucosidase and glucose oxidase – promotes oral health, stimulates saliva production and reinforces the saliva’s natural protective and restorative functions. The enzymes fight bacteria, fungi and viruses, prevent dental build-up and break down harmful sugar before micro-organisms can turn it into acid.